- GDPR. GDPR stands for “General Data Protection Regulation.” GDPR is the European Union’s (“EU”) regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, adopted by the European Parliament and the European Council on April 27, 2016, and current as of May 25, 2018. For additional information regarding GDPR, see Section 12 entitled “Additional Notices to European Union Residents and Other GDPR Data Subjects,” below.
- Data Subject. Under GDPR, a Data Subject is any living natural person whose personal data are processed.
- Processing. Processing means any operation that is performed on Personal Data, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, making available, combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES TAURUS COLLECT ABOUT ME?
In general, we avoid collecting your Personal Data. The following are some of the types of Personal Data that we do gather.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. You may provide Personal Data to us via Our Websites when you do any of the following: (a) submit an inquiry using our “contact us” feature, (b) register an account, (c) subscribe to any of our newsletters or email lists, (d) submit an order, (e) enter a contest or sweepstakes, or (f) submit other information to us via Our Websites. Such Personal Data most often includes information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or credit or debit card number. You are under no obligation to provide such Personal Data. To learn more about how you can control the Personal Data that we receive from you, see Section 6 entitled “What are My Choices Regarding Use and Distribution of Personal Data,” below.
- Cookies. Cookies are data files placed on a web browser when you visit websites. They are sent to your device in order to personalize your experience on Our Websites. Cookies enable us to recognize your device (i.e. mobile phone, laptop, etc.) and provide you with personalized features on Our Websites and storage of items in places like your Cart between each visit. You may disable cookies using your browser’s preferences, but some features of Our Websites may not function properly or may operate slowly if you do so. For example, to place an order on Our Websites’ Online Store, your browser must be set to accept cookies. To learn more about how you can control Cookies, see Section 6 entitled “What are My Choices Regarding Use and Distribution of Personal Data,” below.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with Our Websites, such as which links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third-party service provider is active only while you are connected to Our Websites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
HOW DOES TAURUS USE PERSONAL DATA?
We use Personal Data and the Website Usage Information collected from Our Websites for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- Providing You with Services. We use Personal Data to provide you with information, products, or services that you have ordered, requested or agreed to receive from us; to process your registration with any of Our Websites, including verifying that your email address is active and valid; and to process any applications, orders, payments, or changes to your account information.
- Communicating with You. We use Personal Data to communicate with you regarding information, features, products, services, or other offers that we believe may be of interest to you; to respond to your questions or other requests; to conduct surveys; and to contact you regarding sweepstakes, contest, or promotions in which you have participated.
- Understanding Our Websites’ Visitors and Improving our Services and Our Websites. We use Personal Data to improve Our Websites, and our services, and to customize your experience on Our Websites. Similarly, the Website Usage Information, or other aggregated user statistics, as well as anonymous de-identified information derived from Personal Data we collect may be used by us in system administration, to help us understand the demographics and other information of visitors to Our Websites, to enhance the performance of Our Websites, or to report aggregate information to our business partners.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE PERSONAL DATA?
We may share Personal Data that we collect on Our Websites in the following situations:
- Our Subsidiaries or Affiliated Businesses. We may disclose the Personal Data we collect with our subsidiaries or affiliated businesses.
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We may share Personal Data with our agents and representatives who perform services on our behalf. These services include, but are not limited to, hosting or operating certain functions or features on Our Websites; sending communications on our behalf, such as marketing emails; processing credit card and other payment transactions; fulfilling orders; analyzing data; providing marketing assistance; and providing customer service. While these third parties may have access to Personal Data in order to provide these services to us or to you on our behalf, they are permitted to access Personal Data only in accordance with our instructions.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (collectively, “Promotions”) through Our Websites. If you choose to participate in any Promotions, Personal Data about you may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration and marketing of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as including your name on a winners’ list. Additionally, by entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion.